- The regulations require all organisations and individuals who offer investments to issue this warning, that investment in new business carries high risks. It is highly speculative and before investing in any business, prospective investors are strongly advised to take professional financial and legal advice before accepting an offer for issue or sale of any securities or scheme interests
In Australia, for organisations and individuals seeking to raise capital in exchange for equity in their business, there are many laws and regulations that need to be adhered to.
These include producing and making available to potential investors appropriate disclosure information, giving adequate risk statements and warnings, and limitations on the methods of advertising investment offers in accordance with Section 708 of the Corporations Act (Cth) 2001 (Act).
Some of these regulations also different based on the investment and financial experience of the individual investor, with a distinction between "sophisticated" and "unsophisticated" investors.
Where a business introduction and matching service is involved in the capital raising, ASIC Class Order 02/273 provides an exemption to certain disclosure requirements and advertising limitations that are otherwise imposed under Section 708.
RaiseUps Australia (RaiseUps Australia Pty Ltd ACN 165 765 668) provides business introduction and matching services in accordance with that Class Order.
With the advent of new technologies such as crowd funding platforms, these laws and regulations are changing. Where and when appropriate, RaiseUps Australia will update our services and the information on this website.
It is important for all users of this site and our associated services, to know that:
- RaiseUps Australia does not hold an Australian Financial Services License and this website is not a crowd funding platform. Any investments in the offers published on this site must be made through a separate and direct investment offer and application process managed by RaiseUps Australia
- RaiseUps Australia does not provide financial or legal advice, and does not guarantee the performance of any securities or scheme interests published on this website
- RaiseUps Australia provides business introduction and matching services, which include advice on how to present and distribute the investment opportunity and information materials effectively, while working with your advisers
- ASIC does not endorse or approve services provided by business introduction and matching services provided by organisations such as RaiseUps Australia
- RaiseUps Australia receives agreed fees for providing these business introduction and matching services
- The information contained in all the investment offer documentation and publications, including this website, has been prepared by or on behalf of the person who is proposing to issue or sell the securities or scheme interests ("the Issuer") and neither RaiseUps Australia, its officers, employees and agents, have undertaken an independent review or due diligence audit of the information
- The information in all the investment offer documentation and publications, including this website, about any proposed business opportunity and the securities or scheme interests, is not intended to be the only information on which an investment decision is made and is not a substitute for a disclosure document, Product Disclosure Statement or any other notice that may be required under the Act, as the Act may apply to the investment.
- Detailed information may be needed to make an investment decision, for example financial statements, a business plan, information about ownership of intellectual or industrial property, or expert opinions including valuations or auditors' reports
- Prospective investors should be aware that no established market exists for the trading of any securities or scheme interests that may be offered by private individuals and businesses
- This website and the documents and information published on it are subject to ASIC Class Order [02/273] Business Introduction or Matching Services;
- No information on this website and the documents and information published on it, is to be construed as a solicitation to make any financial investment. It is provided for information purposes only. An offer to invest will only be made by the issue of an application form
This website and the documents published on it, are not an offer of securities, and does not apply in any jurisdiction where, or to any person to whom, it would not be lawful to issue securities. If you access publications or our website from locations outside Australia, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with your local fundraising laws. If you have any questions on concerns please seek advice from a suitably skilled and experienced adviser who is knowledgeable about your local fundraising and investment laws.
No action has been taken to register or qualify the securities of companies published in the documents or our website or otherwise to permit a public offering of the securities on offer in any jurisdiction outside Australia.
YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS REQUIRED
By registering for a personal access account on this website, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above information, including investor warnings and statements, and I wish to receive information from RaiseUps Australia and/or the Issuers of securities listed on this site, from time-to-time.